If you were one of the lucky few who pre-ordered the 20th Anniversary Edition of NBA 2K19 this year, congratulations, there’s only one more sleep until the game is released.
With the slow trickle of information about the game being released on a weekly basis, including player ratings, it left a few fans wondering about what the ratings looked like for previous NBA 2K installments.
YouTuber Twisted Kaiba decided to find out exactly which players were the highest-rated in each 2K game, dating back to the original 2K on the Sega Dreamcast back in 1999.
As expected, Allen Iverson — the cover star of the first few 2K games — was the highest rated in the original 2K, until Kevin Garnett overtook him in 2K1 with the first-ever 99 overall rating. The likes of Tim Duncan, Shaq and Kobe Bryant traded places through the 2000’s, but it’s been LeBron‘s title to hold ever since 2K12.
- NBA 2K – Allen Iverson, 97
- NBA 2K1 – Kevin Garnett, 99
- NBA 2K2 – Shaquille O’Neal, 100
- NBA 2K3 – Shaquille O’Neal, 98
- ESPN Basketball – Tim Duncan, 99
- ESPN NBA 2K5 – Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant, 99
- NBA 2K6 – Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, 99
- NBA 2K7 – Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James, 98
- NBA 2K8 – Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan, 98
- NBA 2K9 – LeBron James, Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett, 99
- NBA 2K10 – Kobe Bryant, 97
- NBA 2K11 – Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, 97
- NBA 2K12 – LeBron James, 98
- NBA 2K13 – LeBron James, 98
- NBA 2K14 – LeBron James, 99
- NBA 2K15 – LeBron James, 98
- NBA 2K16 – LeBron James, 94
- NBA 2K17 – LeBron James, 96
- NBA 2K18 – LeBron James, 97
- NBA 2K19 – LeBron James, 98