Some parents don’t have a hard time finding their son’s names. They either give them their very same names, name them after their grandparents, or in some cases, they don’t even change their names regardless of their gender.
That seems to be the case with Los Angeles Lakers superstar Anthony Davis. Shockingly, their parents didn’t give it much thought and gave her sister a pretty similar name: Antoinette Davis.
That’s why redditor u/sdlotus came up with a hilarious list of the names Anthony Davis’ parents would give other NBA superstars if they had a sister:
- LeBron James: LeBrynne James
- Stephen Curry: Stephanie Curry
- Kevin Durant: Karen Durant
- Karl-Anthony Towns: Karla-Antoinette Towns
- D’Angelo Russell: D’Angela Russell
- DeMar DeRozan: DeMi DeRozan
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Shea Gilgeous-Alexander
- Lonzo Ball: Lonzo Ovary
- Buddy Hield: Gal-Pal Hield
- Luka Doncic: Lucia Doncic
- CJ McCollum: JC McCollum
- James Harden: Jamie Harden
- De’Anthony Melton: De’Antoinette Melton
- LaMarcus Aldridge: LaMarcia Aldridge
- Ja Morant: Temetria Morant
- Devin Booker: Devyn Booker
- Khris Middleton: Kris Middleton
- Jayson Tatum: Jaysee Tatum
- Jamal Murray: Jamila Murray
- Nikola Jokic: Nikolette Jokic
- Christian Wood: Christina Wood
- Joel Embiid: Joelle Embiid
- Victor Oladipo: Victoria Oladipo
- Chris Paul: Christine Paul
- DeAndre Jordan: DeAndrea Jordan
- Paul George: Paulina George
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: Kelly Oubre Jr.
- De’Aaron Fox: De’Erin Fox
This guy really went the distance with this list. The crazy thing is that most of those names could actually be true, but it’s impossible not to laugh out loud when you imagine a grown NBA player with a female doppelganger next to him.
At least, Antoinette Davis doesn’t have the same distinctive feature that his brother: The unibrow. And truth to be told, her name is actually kind of pretty, unlike some of the names aforementioned in the list. Fans definitely have a lot of free time right now and can’t wait for the start of the season.