Tonight is a special night for many teams, because NBA Draft Lottery 2017 is Tuesday night at 8 PM ET, by ESPN.
Who will have the best chances to draft Lonzo Ball or Markelle Fultz? Which franchise will get the best prospect for the next season and who will be the biggest winner/biggest loser tonight?
The 14 NBA teams that don’t make the playoffs all get odds to win the lottery, with the worst team getting the best odds and the best non-playoff team getting the worst. Then a lottery — they use ping-pong balls, just like state lotteries — is conducted to determine the top three picks in the draft. The rest of the draft order is made up of all the other teams in descending order of record.
Check who will be representing each team on stage tonight. According to For The Win, we can expect:
• Celtics: owner Wyc Grousbeck
• Hornets: general manager Rich Cho
• Mavericks: assistant vice president and team legend Michael Finley
• Nuggets: shooting guard Gary Harris
• Pistons: general manager Jeff Bower
• Lakers: president of basketball operations and team legend Magic Johnson
• Heat: vice president of player programs and team legend Alonzo Mourning
• Timberwolves: small forward Andrew Wiggins
• Pelicans: coach Alvin Gentry
• Knicks: broadcaster and team legend Walt Frazier
• Magic: coach Frank Vogel
• 76ers: center Joel Embiid
• Suns: shooting guard Devin Booker
• Kings: coach Dave Joerger
Check below the Top 10 Best Odds For The No. 1 Pick In The NBA Draft.
Honorable Mentions: Charlotte Hornets (0.8%), Detroit Pistons (0.7%), Denver Nuggets (0.6%), Miami Heat (0.5%)