The 2021 NBA playoffs have been full of injuries. Almost every game we saw players picking injuries, leaving their teams helpless in front of big rivals. Those absences affected their chances to win series and the championship, diminishing the level of difficulty for the rest of the teams.
Of course, NBA fans aren't happy with this situation. Some blame the league's front office for rushing the start of the new season, including LeBron James. The thing is, that we're watching more players getting hurt every day and that is not good for the league.
Recently, Bill Simmons claimed this is the worst postseason of all time due to all the injuries we've seen since it started.
"Not saying this would be the worst championship team ever, there were definitely worse team that has won it all. But maybe I should say this is the most "unimpressive" way to win a title this year due to all the injuries," the controversial analyst said on The Bill Simmons podcast.
Redditor "Infin1tySlay3r" listed off all the players that got injured or play through injuries during the season.
- Lakers - Anthony Davis, LeBron James (played through injury), Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (played through injury)
- Nuggets - Jamal Murray, PJ Dozier, Will Barton, Monte Morris
- Clippers - Kawhi Leonard, Marcus Morris Sr. (played through injury), Serge Ibaka, Ivica Zubac
- 76ers - Joel Embiid (played through injury), Danny Green
- Hawks - Trae Young, Kevin Hunter, Bogdan Bogdanovic (played through injury)
- Bucks - Giannis Antetokounmpo, Donte DiVincenzo
- Knicks - Mitchell Robinson
- Nets - Kyrie Irving, James Harden (played through injury), Spencer Dinwiddie, Jeff Green
- Jazz - Mike Conley, Donovan Mitchell (played through injury)
- Celtics - Jaylen Brown, Kemba Walker, Grant Williams
- Mavericks - Luka Doncic (played through injury)
- Suns - Chris Paul (COVID protocol), Devin Booker (played through injury), Cam Payne
- Heat - Victor Oladipo, Jimmy Butler (played through injury)
- Wizards - Bradley Beal (played through injury), Thomas Bryant, Davis Bertans, Deni Avdija, Raul Neto (played through injury)
It's already hard watching a player going down with an injury. It's even harder watching key players leaving their teams helpless against big rivals. Giannis Antetokounmpo was the last one to join this infamous list.
Seeing the latest events around the league, it's not hard to see why Simmons thinks that way. This postseason is arguably the worst of all time after all these injuries.