Creating records in the NBA is usually a great feeling for players. It is something that helps them in leaving a legacy once they retire from the league. It might be a good feeling 8 times out of 10, sometimes that is not the case. If there are good records, there are bad ones out there as well.
Unfortunately for Los Angeles Lakers guard Avery Bradley, he was in the latter category against the Phoenix Suns. In a close defeat against the Suns, Bradley was simply out of touch and couldn't get anything right.
After the final buzzer, Avery spent 21 minutes on the court, and well, that's all he did. He had 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, and 0 turnovers! This embarrassing statline is popularly known as 'The Snell Statline' named after Tony Snell.
Apparently, Bradley became just the 11th player in NBA history to have such a statline in front of his name after playing at least 20 minutes in a game.
Although the list is quite small, it has happened earlier as well. Usually, the players who achieve this are not your amazing NBA players or good role players. But in the case of Avery, it was quite shocking as he is a solid role player.
Well, on that note, here are all 11 instances when NBA players have achieved 'The Snell Statline.'
(Sorted by date)
1. T.R. Dunn - 0 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK, 0 TO, 21 mins (4/9/1986 Denver Nuggets vs. Los Angeles Clippers)
2. Warren Kidd - 0 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK, 0 TO, 20 mins (1/15/1994 Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers)
3. Glen Rice - 0 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST 0 STL, 0 BLK, 0 TO, 24 mins (11/23/2001 Houston Rockets vs. Seattle Supersonics)
4. Walter McCarty - 0 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK, 0 TO 20 mins (10/31/2002 Boston Celtics vs. Washington Wizards)
5. John Salmons - 0 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST 0 STL, 0 BLK, 0 TO, 21 mins (2/13/2008 Sacramento Kings vs. Houston Rockets)
6. Ryan Gomes - 0 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK, 0 TO, 20 mins (1/22/2010 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. New Orleans Hornets)
7. Hollis Thompson - 0 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST 0 STL, 0 BLK, 0 TO, 25 mins (3/2/2014 Philadelphia 76ers vs. Orlando Magic)
8. Andre Roberson - 0 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK, 0 TO, 22 mins (2/25/2016 Oklahoma City Thunder vs. New Orleans Pelicans)
9. Tony Snell - 0 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK, 0 TO, 28 mins (2/24/2017 Milwaukee Bucks vs. Portland Trail Blazers)
10. Pat Connaughton - 0 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK, 0 TO, 21 mins (3/4/2019 Milwaukee Bucks vs. Phoenix Suns)
11. Avery Bradley - 0 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK, 0 TO, 21 mins (10/22/2021 Los Angeles Lakers vs. Phoenix Suns)
These were the 11 players that were unfortunately placed on the list, with Avery Bradley being the latest addition to the lot.
Despite 10 other players having similar stats to that of Tony Snell, he is undoubtedly the most popular player among others, there have been numerous memes about that game by Snell.
Maybe Bradley will take Snell's place and it will finally give him a break from the trolls? One can only hope for it.
Credit for stats: StatMuse