It should go without saying that LeBron James is one of the greatest players of all time. Yet, some of his critics still find a way to give him a hard time because of his 3-6 record in the NBA Finals, as if making it to 9 Finals (now 10) wasn't impressive enough.
LeBron's haters don't seem to give him credit despite being one of the most dominant playoff performers of all time. He's never lost in the first round and has made it to the NBA Finals 9 times out of 10 over the past decade. Overall, he's got more trips to the Finals than 90% of the existing franchises, which is a lot to say.
But in case you were wondering how has LeBron fared in basketball's ultimate stage and still believe that he's not good in the NBA Finals, we've put together the unbelievable list of milestones and accolades he's reached at that stage thus far:
- 1st - Total Triple-Doubles (10)
- 2nd - Total Points (1,383) - only behind Jerry West (1,679)
- 2nd - Total 3-Pointers Made (86) - only behind Steph Curry (121)
- 2nd - Total Steals (86) - only behind Magic Johnson (102)
- 3rd - Total Assists (379) - behind Bob Cousy (400) and Magic Johnson (584)
- 3rd - Field Goals Made (520) - behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (544) and Jerry West (612)
- 4th - Total Double-Doubles (30) - behind Elgin Baylor (32), Magic Johnson (43), and Bill Russell (47)
- 5th - Total Rebounds (490) - behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (507), Elgin Baylor (593), Wilt Chamberlain (862), and Bill Russell (1,718)
- 7th - Total Games Played (49) - behind Magic Johnson (50), Tom Heinsohn (52), Jerry West (55), Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (56), Sam Jones (64), Bill Russell (70)
- 7th - Total Blocks (43) - behind Kevin McHale (44), Robert Parish (54), Hakeem Olajuwon (54), Shaquille O’Neal (62), Tim Duncan (81), and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (116)
So yeah, next time someone tells you that LeBron James doesn't deliver when it matters the most, you just show him this list.