The coronavirus is making a huge impact on the world and as the days go by, we learn about new cases involving big figures of the entertainment. The NBA is not exempt from this and now one of the most famous players in the world could be infected with the disease.
Charles Barkley revealed he has been tested for COVID-19 and was in self-quarantine for the next 48 hours. Chuck told the news on Thursday’s edition of Inside the NBA on TNT with a phone call.
"I spent the earlier part of the week in New York City. When I got to Atlanta yesterday, I wasn't feeling well," Barkley said. "I talked to a couple people at Turner and a couple doctors and they told me to self-quarantine for the next 48 hours. I started yesterday, this is my second day.
"I haven't been feeling great and they didn't want me to take any chances ... I went and took the coronavirus test late this afternoon, I have not gotten the results back. So I'm just kinda in limbo right now. I'm really hoping it was just a bug, but like I said, I was in New York earlier this week, because that was a hotspot, and when I got to Atlanta I just wasn't feeling well. But I took the test, I haven't gotten the results back, and that's where I'm at right now."
During the same intervention, the former Phoenix Suns and Philadelphia 76ers player showed his support to Rudy Gobert, the NBA’s ‘patient zero’.
"I want to give my best to Rudy Gobert. I know are piling on him for what happened. He made an honest mistake. When you're on an NBA team, that's the best thing about playing; screwing around with your teammates. I know he feels awful, & I just want to give him my best."
This illness is affecting a lot of people around the world. Authorities continue to ask for people to remain at home trying to avoid getting infected by this disease. With the recent developments, it’s time to take things more seriously and be careful about how we take care of our health.